Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Death Cure by James Dashner

The Death Cure by James Dashner is the third book in the Maze Runner series.  Still trying to avoid spoilers on this so forgive my vague review.

The third book carries some of the characters from where they were left in the previous novel into a still larger world.  The dangers remain as real as before, forcing the characters to take greater risks. I found myself getting very frustrated with one of the characters even as my anxiety for all of the characters grew.  Nonetheless, I slowed down my reading pace, which isn’t easy to do with these books.  They really are hard to put down.  It is not as tightly written as the previous two books but it is still a very compelling read.  The conclusion, I confess, was not as satisfying for me as was the final book in the Hunger Games.

There is a prequel to the series and I am tempted to read it.  If anyone who’s read it wants to leave a comment, please do so.  I’m curious. The person who recommended the series to me hasn’t read it. I also apologize for the brevity of this review but, to avoid spoilers, I erred on the side of saying less so I would not say too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...